Massive Data Set
Over 100 data sources including patent, financial and litigation information.
Nearly 90 million patents from 102 jurisdictions and data onmore than 8.5 million companies.
Including nearly 90M patents spanning decades and 48M English publications (Native or Machine translated)
Patent Legal Status
Legal status is organized by jurisdiction with status further broken down by date range and type of intellectual property (e.g., utility models, patents, applications, …). For each type, information may be available for legal event types (e.g., invalidations, reassignments, oppositions). This information is obtained from a number of sources and is updated on a weekly basis.
PatentStrategies provides case information from the International Trade Commission (ITC), Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), and Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) (US federal litigation of “830 Patent” only). This information is updated weekly with all available information from each source regarding new cases for the previous week. We download docket histories and in most cases additional documents for each non-terminated case at 1 month, 3 months, and 6 months after filing date to determine any changes. All US and territory district courts are represented in the database.
PatentStrategies polls US companies from a variety of sources and contains information for millions of entities. For international companies we poll approximately the largest 100,000 companies worldwide. Company information regarding patent or litigation data is updated as part of the normal update process when their respective data sources provide us new data. The static company information is reviewed yearly.
PatentStrategies connects IP based on the associated standards body. For each standards body, listed below, the relevant standard is identified. In many cases, such as the 802 standard of IEEE dealing with network communications, multiple standards are identified that are grouped within a more encompassing overall standard. These standards are updated only as they change or are added to. Standards are available from the following standards bodies:
• European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI)
• International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
• Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
• Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
• International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
• Open Mobile Alliance (OMA)
• World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
• American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
• International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
Big data analysis to IP
• Research & Innovation: Explore freedom-to-operate, examine white space, prepare disclosures and find technology collaborators.
• Licensing: Find adjacent markets and prospects to license technology to or from and monetize under-utilized technologies.
• Competitive Analysis: Examine the market, competitors, technology trends and litigation.
• Litigation: View litigation trends and predict threats, find invalidating prior art and develop defense and assertion strategies.
• Acquisitions:Scrutinize IP portfolios during M&A due diligence, find chain-of-title errors, perform gap analysis and portfolio comparisons.
• Risk Management: Drill into analytics to develop risk plans, strategy and mitigation alternatives.
• Strategy: Track and monitor IP investments, view market landscape and find options to create competitive advantage.
Like no other tool on the market, PatentStrategies makes your daily work easier by providing more accurate insight and tools for specific needs.
• More than 50 different visualizations
• One-click wizards make common tasks quick and easy
• Patents,legal status, expirations, litigation details, extended references, non-patent literature, file histories and more
• Exportable data to Microsoft Office products
World-Class Customer List
Trusted by more than 75 of the Fortune 500 for critical patent intelligence.
May I try LexisNexis® Patent Strategies before purchasing?
Yes! To set up a free trial account, contact us at +86 400 600 8680 or
Get the Most from LexisNexis® Patent Strategies
Whether you are a new or an existing customer, you can benefit from training for LexisNexis products and solutions, to make sure you get the best results in the least time. Schedule free classroom or on-site training sessions.
Contact the LexisNexis customer service at +86 400 600 8680 or send an email to email@example.com.